Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pedalberg Invite to ride

Hey Guys,

Haven't ridden with you guys a while but hopefully been returning soon. Been busy setting up my new bike shop in Trumpington.

We are having a ride at Thetford on the 16th September 2012.

Meet at the shop for 8:15am leaving at 8:30. If you are interested in going then please call the shop or find us on Facebook and leave a comment. I need to know numbers so I can organize the transport and getting everybody there and back.

Shop Address:

Pedalberg
1 Anstey Way,
Trumpington,
Cambridge
CB2 9JE

Shop Number: 01223 844305

Happy riding and look forward to riding with you again soon.

Re: Pedalberg Invite to ride

It has been suggested that we have a meeting time at High lodge so that people can make there own way there.

If we say meet at high lodge for 9:45am to start riding at 10am.

Hope to see some of you there.

It won't take you 1hr 15 to get to Thetford will it? It takes about 40 mins from my house (Fulbourn)

It probably wont but giving myself extra time to pack and unpack cars and say hi to everybody. Maybe a cup of tea before we ride.

Going to be a pretty relaxed ride for this first outing.

Just checking...sounds good but I can't make this one!