Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A foray into the forest tonight

I was planning to make the trip to Thetford tonight but it's rather quiet here on the forum, so perhaps I could be going solo? Not even a suggestion of 'staying local', so where is everyone?

Richard

Re: A foray into the forest tonight

Decisions decisions....

Am tempted by a forest ride but am also tempted by beer. How and when do plan to get there Richard and would you want a lift?

Tony

Tony,

I'm not desperate to go up to Thetford, I just haven't been there for a while. If I was going, I can drive myself and I'd be there for an 8pm start.

With so few people having posted (and all at the same time by the looks of it!) I think it prudent to be sociable by doing the local ride, followed by beer of course Plus, there are bound to be a few who haven't consulted the forum and assume it's a normal ride night anyway.

Richard

I'm up for a Thetford Ride if anyone else is going?

I'll be leaving home around 645pm. Have room for one more if needs be.