Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Caption Competition

Si, Mark and Dom all show of the new line in team cleaning rags in a fetching pale blue

or

Mark T demonstrates the new line in suspension prostetics, complete with the stearing upgrade attachment.

Re: Caption Competition

Simon, Mark and Dom react to the news that their first attempt at completing the Brecon Beast was deemed null and void due to the failure to complete a 5-yard wheelie on the climb to the Gap, and that they need to go round again.

OR

Various rider reactions seen on beng advised that best finishing places in this year's Brecon Beast are nothing to do with elapsed time and all determined by highest rider number.

OR

Tallack points out that everyone back in Cambridge thinks that the Brecon Beast is a long hilly ride.

Re: Caption Competition

Simon, I told you velcro sleeves would never catch on

Tallack: 2 number ferty fwee pleez Dom

Tallack: I think my testicles may have become un balanced

Tallack: Is that a Rolex Dom

Simon: will it flash when it takes the photo?

Dom: Yes I bought it off traditional scottish purses for short people.com

Dom: oh thank god for that, it's still warm enough to heat my hand up

Dom: Didn't you two know that black helmets are bigger than white ones?

Simon: Oh no, Can you give it a kick mark, I think the left one's locked up again