Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cam MTB Xmas Dinner

Fellow cyclists,

The Castle public house is fully booked with a large party of teachers on the proposed evening of our shindig - Thursday 13 December. They do have availability the following week - Thursday 20 December - and i've provisionally booked this slot with a view to eating at 8pm. I said I would get back to the good natured Landlord early next week to confirm. Let me know if anyone has any signficant reason why the 20th December is a problem. Eeks

Re: Cam MTB Xmas Dinner

Alas I can't make the 20th, as my brother-in-law is getting married far away ...but don't change on my account.

Michael

Sounds good to me Eco but I can be flexible and accomodating. Ask Pasty Tom after our night in the Dales...

Can I come please? I will try and be on my best behaviour.

Shelton

It was a chilly night, Tony. People will, one day, be broadminded enough to understand why we had to share a sleeping bag.

By the way, the 20th looks OK for the Xmas meal. I wouldn't want to be there anyway with all those teachers. It's their own time they're wasting.

PT

Too much detail, Tony and PT...

I'll be in South Africa at that time, so I can't make it, sorry.

Hi Eco

20th good for us - Alison and I will be there in our pomp. (It's the new Alfa Romeo. )

Dom

Works for me, thanks Eco.

Richard

I couldn't make the 13th so 20th sounds perfect!

Thanks Dunc

20th is better for me too.

Pete T

I can do either, so 20th good

Thanks Eco.

name the date, i'll be there.

Unfortunately I can't do the 20th due to a clash.

Have a great time

Tom R.

20th ok for me, thanks Dunc

I'm good for the 20th, Duncan.

- Matt

I'll dust off the pub bike, put the little one to bed and come & join you guys!!

Cheers
geordynige

Tits! I never look at the forum ( well not since it got a bit out of hand a year or so ago) Bitchey bitchey!

Anyhoo am I to late to blag a place for Xmas dinner?

Put me down for a place if possible please Dunc.

Cheers
Rick

Duncan,

Let me know when you want the wonga.

Cheers Shelton