Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hoopla?!?

It's not going to rain until at east 20.13 (terms and conditions apply),
order your pint at 18.00 and it will be waiting for you at 21.01
and apart from that it's the 22nd and it's a Thursday..... so another Thursday 22nd day
Care to join ?
(any numbers used during this post are governed by the counting systems of Monte Carlo, Kolne,Basel & Porthcawl)

Sponsored by Paddy watch, the only oil fired timing system approved by Polish rootvegtables.com

Re: Hoopla?!?

You bet! Good opportunity to test my new mudguards extensions.....

I'm in two minds. I'm desperate for a ride out but the forecast is wet and windy, starting at 7 pm with heavy rain by 8 pm.

I think I may get prepared and if the rain doesn't turn up then I will. But if it's crap out there I'll wimp out, if that's the right term for avoiding a soaking.

PT

I Second "PT" comment, expect me if you see me.

It's my birthday and I have manflu. How shit is that?
Will be at Thetford next Tues all being well.

Awww poor Mark, get well soon.

I'll come out if we change the venue to the six bells, Fulbourn.

How's that sound?

(actually, I'm not coming out). Next week!

Re: Hoopla?!? - and Happy Birthday Mark T

I'll be out rain or shine. Might take an early bath (short cut to pub) if it turns really grim. Tom R

Happy Birthday Mark

Happy birthday Mark!!

Not out tonight but planning on going to Thetford next Tuesday.

Re: Happy Birthday Mark

Not out tonight - genuine school thing prevents me from having to fabricate an elaborate excuse to avoid a soaking. Have fun.

Happy birthday Mark, wrap up warm.

Don't think I'll drive over tonite,shame 'cos I was looking forward to a ride but I don't fancy a soaking and having to get back in the van and drive back to St.neots.Will be over next Thursday.

Hi Nick,

It was very muddy but the rain didn't really start until we were quite close to the pub.

I left about 11 pm and it was raining stair-rods all the way back to Cambridge! Luckily, I was blown along at 20 mph by the wind all the way back.

See you next week.

Tom