Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
South Downs ride

R we all invited to next weeks south downs ride or shall I keep stom................
Hang on I might have been misled !?!?!?!

Re: South Downs ride

Duncan, are you talking about North downs ride this Friday, I sent e-mail to everyone on mailing list which I think you are on? Sorry have not posted on forum as not got round to it.

So for anyone not on Richard's Cammtb mailing list: This Friday, 8-9am departure from Cambridge, North Downs ride (around Leith Hill, etc). Heading back at 3-4pm when it's dark. Details, re parking, lifts etc to be finalized this week.
Anyone else interested e-mail me.

If this isn't what you are talking about Duncan, I don't know then! I haven't been invited either

I was speaking to Eco on Saturday & he thought it was the South downs.
The last contacts list I had mailed was Aug 2011. Has there been one since?
Could this be a subtle hint ?
Oh god come on then Shelton, let's hear it

Oops sorry Duncan!! You are right you weren't on the mailing list not from the last mailing anyway. See richard has sent an updated one now. Would you like to come to the North downs on Friday?

That's weird, I didn't get the email either, how is that possible if you're using my list Don't worry though, too busy writing my thesis to enjoy a day out on the bike, unfortunately.

Richard

Oh. Now you mention it I can probably explain that one, as I suspect I took all the "To" recipients from your e-mail! OOPS! I am clearly a nobber.