Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts For Sale

Some of interest to MTBers (well the singlespeeders and commuters anyway) and some to those who ride road or cross as well.

Specialized Renegade Tyres. 29x2.1. One is the S-Works version, one is the normal 'control' version. The control has a beefier casing and is a bit heavier. They are tubeless or compatible so can be ridden either way. Ridden but a few times (tubeless with stan's so they have some latex residue). £15 each.

New Shimano 17t freewheel/cog. I've got two spares somehow. Two more than I need. £15 each.

Specialized short reach drop bars. 40cm centre-centre width, 70mm reach, 135mm drop. 31.8 clamp. £10

Easton EC70 'aero' handlebars: 42cm C-C width, 31.8 clamp, 75mm reach, 130mm drop. 240g. These are the bars with the flat top section. In really good shape with just a few marks from being installed. £25.

Re: Parts For Sale

Hi Wes,
Interested in the Easton bars. I would like to have a look at them.
When are you about?
Ads

Re: Parts For Sale

These are EA70 bars (alu), not the EC70 that I mistakenly said in the original post.
Just to be totally clear the easton bars are not TT/aero bars. They are just called that for some strange branding reason by Easton since they have a flat top section. They are normal drop road bars.