Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CAPTION COMPETITION!

I've kicked things off; I'll replace it with the best!

Re: CAPTION COMPETITION!

Not sure I can beat that Pasty.
Though I'd like to pedantically point out that Matt wasn't there. Seeing as he only has a rigid singlespeed and he sold his full sus to some random bird on eBay. And then his new build was delayed due to complications with the SRAM xx oh what was it again I wasn't listening drivetrain.

( it was actually me sitting next to pete. So my conversation can't have been that scintillating)

Ade says "pete listens for the sound of a bike falling off the roof, and then awakes from the nightmare where he's travelling in Clem's car"

Having stayed up most of the night watching "babe station" as usual, pete catches up on his sleep on the way back from hadleigh farm.

"Hey! Pete! Have you seen this video on You Tube? It's really funny, it has a dog chasing some deer. And look! The dog's got the same name as you! It's very funny. I bet you've never seen it before"

"Pete can manual like Tom Dowie! Oh no, it was just a dream"

As he drifted from consciousness, Pete realised that accepting "pain killing" pills from the strange man in the passenger seat may have been a mistake.

Pete remained blissfully unaware that they were now heading back to Hadleigh Farm, as Michael assured Tom and Claire that when the Land Rover reached terminal velocity it would easily clear that pesky north shore gap jump, and possibly even land on it's wheels.

With Claire in charge of the route home, and their third circuit of the M25 almost completed, Pete feigned sleep and hoped that one of the others would be brave enough to question her navigational ability.

Ooh cheeky!

"Claire: Clem is planning a trip to Wales does anyone want to come?"
*Tumbleweed as everyone in the van pretends to be asleep*

Pete carefully studies the unfamiliar control panel of his new Tardis Mk VII with optional bike carrier, as a truck outside the window eases from the '80s to the '90s.

After a strenuous outing at Hadleigh Farm, Pete got confused and thought he had to recover from Dusk 'til Dawn.

luckily no one has figured out how to put video on the masthead...

Michael: Really good of Pete to drive us home from Hadleigh Farm so I can get some shut-eye after this morning's early start.

Claire: Yeah, thanks Pete. Pete? PETE!!!

Pete feigns death until Claire shuts up about cake-making.

OR

Days after accepting some "painkillers" from the nice man in the front seat, Pete was to wake up chained to the wall of Bowesey's basement wearing a gimp mask.

OR

Pasty Tom's fart finally reaches the back seats.

Pete creates a new record by making it nearly one third of the way through the latest Lake boot / sock interface research by Professor Bowles.

Pete pretends to snooze while he tries to work out the amount of zeros one should add to the monthly costs of owning an out of warranty land rover.

Pete could sense the pasties trying to communicate with him as the Sainsburys lorry past on it's way to feed the peroxide babes of Essex.

The Joe 90/ Parker puppet sat lifeless in the corner waiting for the almighty creator Gerry Anderson to rise again.... surely it must be the third day by now?

After many months of road riding and loosing weight, Pete hits the wall and Bonks after a strenuious off road ride at Hadleigh Farm.

Pete agreed with the plan & promised the mice who lived in the head lining that he would not tell a sole about their quest to rid the world of out of date pub food & poorly measured pints.

Two phials of Rohypnol later and Pete is ready for his "Mystery Tour".

"Quick where is the nearest Hospital? I think Petes had a stroke!"

Claire: "No it ok his mouth always drops like that after 6 pints of Abbott"

Can we change the picture now? Fed up of looking at Pete snoozing, lovely as he is!

I like the way that we've posted on this thread so much now that IT'S ON FIRE!