Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
thetford

hi can anyone give me a clue what the thetford bcp ? nite is as am intrested in joing you guys on this one

Re: thetford

Yep me too :) I am planning on joining you guys for the first time on Tuesday !!!!!

Hi Sam and Paul

Good to hear from you again, Sam - hope you're doing OK. It would be good to see you out again!

BCP is Brandon Country Park - it's in Thetford Forest, here. Anyone who wants to ride on BCP nights has to get over there somehow, cars almost entirely, and it's almost always just a ride with no pub. People generally post here the day before or on the day, so if you can't get there under your own steam, there's often the possibility of a lift with someone else who's going and has space in a car...

Paul, BCP is Thursday next week, so Tuesday will be a 'standard' night - pub is the Waggon and Horses in Milton, with the usual 7.30 start from Brookside.

Cheers
Dom

Hi Dom.

Great, thanks for that info, all understood.

Tuesday is in the diary :)

Also worth pointing out that often people bail out of riding Thetford and just ride locally so if you really want to do thetford, then post the day before and try and drum up some interest and commitment!

Though if the roads are still in bad condition I am not sure about driving to Thetford myself. May be all ok by then though!

Hi Claire.

I went there yesterday morning (before that next wave of snow started). It was sooooo good !!! Frozen solid ruts and mud, very tricky in places but a great blast.

Understand what you say re Thetford and if i am going will let all know.

Still committed to coming to my first ride with you lot tomorrow night.

Regards
Paul

Hi,

Myself and my partner have just moved to Cambridge (Comberton to be precise) from Australia, and I have just got a bike built up and ready to roll as of yesterday (Maxine's is turning up on a boat in a couple of weeks).I'm keen as mustard to go to Thetford tomorrow night if people are going and anyone could give me a lift? I have just got a car, but I have unfortunately (due to user error in the online form) not got insurance on it until Friday, so I wouldn't be able to drive myself.
Please let me know what the plan is!

Cheers,
Jason