Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hairy Hounds toooooonite

I'm up for a bimble this evening - anyone else?

Given the nature of some of the ground conditions (think - The Somme) perhaps we should look for something a bit firmer this evening - any ideas?

PT

Re: Hairy Hounds toooooonite

I be up for a bimble.
I will try and leave the bucket of green goo that is in my head at the mo, at home.

Hope to be out tonight - chest infection gone but fitness levels lower than normal. could use the firmish tracks up and down the hills near the Eversdens? Undoubtedly wet on the top there

A couple of clear contenders for my own dossier of other riders' excuses.

And on that subject, something's come up which may delay or prevent me from coming out tonight.

If I'm not there by the usual time please go without me.

PT

Ahhh Tony,
You are the one who has given me this god damn cough!!!

Unforts won't be out tonight as will have my head under a towel over a bowl of Vicks!!

Enjoy

GN

I'm hoping to be out. Tony (and Pat, by the sounds of it), please keep your germs to yourself. Maybe let me ride in front of you tonight.

See you at the start

Riaan, ride where you like, it's projectile flphlegm, you think you are safe up front

Am planning to be out, and firm going would be a blessing, but not expected!

Peat

I will be out Toniight too Enshallah

Tom R