Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone have time to mark a route up?

Hi all,

Apologies for using the forum to ask for help but I've got a cartilage injury and dont fancy taking the MTB out to mark an off road route up.... I am running an end of winter (!) training ride for Endurance GB (horses!) on March 3rd from the Grange in Little Abington (CB21 6BW). We're practicing race riding and doing a 23k and a 19K loop. I'd need the 23K loop marking out with chalk spray paint the day before - March 2nd - we just put directional arrows where the routes diverge or turn.
I can pay for travel if you had to transport a bike there and provide liquid reward. This would be really, really appreciated!

I can be contacted via email (jg10018@cam.ac.uk) or mobile (07747874071).

Many thanks,

Jane

Re: Anyone have time to mark a route up?

Sorry Jane but isn't the ground still way too muddy for an organised event?
The ground is completely sodden & can only be severely damaged by heavy horses using the whole width of the paths.
Would it not be better to arrange something nearer Thetford where the ground is more sandy & robust or later in the year and so not create issues for ALL the other users of these delicate surfaces.