Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Granny chester

OK, Let's communicate on the edge of life...... Anyone taking the initiative to bring the (whatever) from Monday back to Sunday ( I admit I have been listening to a Thom (with an H) york interview.
How about..... MUD FOR PEACE, a new wig wham at Glastonbury Bus stop....... supported by anyone who may have possibly ridden with us and that one with the squinty eyes from Radiohead
I reckon we could fleece the younguns for shed loads of....money, guilt, interesting catholic, dosh generating experiences.!?!

Re: Granny chester

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM I can see what your on about now

This land is your laaaand
This land is my laaaand
From California
To the Thom Yorke islaaaaaaand!

I don't want a pickle
Just wanna ride my bicycle
and I don't wanna die,
just wanna ride my biiiiicycle

Note to self !

When returning from an afternoon/evening of frivolity WATCH THE TELLY OR GO TO BED................leave the computer alone

Did I write that?
Man I can't remember

It's a little-known fact that James Joyce wrote Ulysses by talking to himself on a mountain-biking forum...

or that Billie Rae Calvin wrote Rose Royces' wishing on a star on a downhill forum

I'm as confused as usual, is anyone planning on riding tonight?

I fancy a gentle bimble to stretch the legs after Sunday.

Clearly not as confused as Duncan - our very own poster boy for the Drinkaware Trust.

I shall be mostly observing offspring doing some painfully dull acting type thing this evening but will be out Thursday all things being well.

glad i'm not the only one confused paul. i'm planning a ride tonight.

chris