Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts Wanted

I'm thinking of building up an inexpensive singlespeed- so I'm on the lookout for cheap/used parts. Anyone have any of the following they want to part with?

29er Frame, (16-17 inch) (Unlikely, I know)
29er Wheels
Bars
Stem
Square taper crankset
Fork- (suspension or rigid, I'm to fussed at this point)

Re: Parts Wanted

Hi Wes
I have Pro Koryak bars, stems, grips and a pair of Tange Salsa rigid steel forks (blue) if you're interested. £50 the lot.

Mark 07899 965536

Mark-
How long is the stem? 31.8 clamp I presume?

the forks have disc tabs, right?

Hi Wes
31.8mm x 90mm stem and IS disc mount. Riser bars, unused lock-on grips (not Pro, from my Orange 5 I think).
I also have some Storck Rebel carbon forks with 458mm, but I'd be looking for around £200 for these!

Hmmm, I'm not a riser fan, so I'd pass on those, and I have some lock on grips in a suitable ugly colour from my Epic. ;)
Just to confirm, the fork is 29er? straight 1 1/8 head tube?

(No way I'm spending £200 for forks- though I'm sure they are really nice: I'd put on suspension for that price range. The other 'fun' part of this build is to see if I can do it all under £500.)

Yep. Straight 1 1/8", with star nut. Will measure steerer, but it's been on a medium frame with spacers, so probably plenty long enough.
May have a new FSA Orbit sealed h/set somewhere too.