Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking for partner for Tuesday

Hi everyone,

As I said in the other thread, I'm interested in joining you, but the first week I can make it happens to be one where you need to know a little bit about what you're doing.

So would anyone mind dragging me around? Or I could join a pair to make three, as I won't contribute much to navigation, so not much unfair advantage! I know the area fairly well, but not all the trails you can ride on. Happy to ride any pace, up to say about 45 km in 2.5 hours.

Mike

Re: looking for partner for Tuesday

Mike, in the unlikely event that you don't find a partner or team to join you'll be welcome to ride with me. I won't be riding competitively tonight but will have a pootle to the pub. Tony

Hi Mike

I'll team up with you. This assumes you are Ok with: -Pace steady, local knowledge pretty good.

see you c. 7.25 at the Japas Bento Box

Tom R

Pace steady? Watch out, Mike - that means he'll be doing 30mph on his 29er

Dom

HI BBD.
Are you recovered enough to join us tonight?
Lance tells me 'it is not about the bike', and he should know.
But I think the 29er does make it marginally less difficult.

cheers

Tom

Tom, I didn't know you had a direct line to the big man himself. Are you sure you want to maintain the association, given the regard he's now held in??

Alison and I are venturing out - I've been given the all-clear by my physio for biking (although squash is still a few weeks off yet). Nonetheless, I think I will be applying the 'pace steady' criteria!

See you later
Dom

... and before anyone else gets in, I will be applying the 'local knowledge pretty good' criteria to the very best of my ability - which some people have slanderously and/or libellously labelled as very poor - even to the extent of recognition by way of award.

We won last time eh Dom, and you can't say it was my navigation that swung it either as we were both pretty hopeless....

I can't come out tonight as Ade is at a trade show and won't be back in time.

That's a shame, Claire. We'll have a beer for you!

Dom

Great, thanks. See you tonight