Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fecund Frolic Fank You

A great evening. Many thanks to Tony for organising it.
Highlights included
Discovering the Girton American football team. New routes around North Cambridge from Mike T.

Looking forward to the next one, primarily to find the virtual bench in Coton.

Cheers. TomR

Re: Fecund Frolic Fank You

Yep - really enjoyed it. I was so full of adrenalin and energy gel, I rarely felt tired.

And what great weather too, with firm tracks. Highlights? Chasing a black and white cat around to get a decent photo, arriving at Stetchworth Toll roundabout to get the photo of the statue and the final blast in from Fulbourn to get the last 2 checkpoints.

Next one for me is the Polaris Challenge proper on the 18th and 19th May in the Peaks. Tony and I are doing it... is anyone else game?

Tom L

Ditto - thanks Tony! And kudos for the weight of that sack you carried around.

Dom (we woz robbed) and Alison (what do you mean we've come last?)

Great night Tony, thanks for organising it.

Good choice of destination as well.

Cheers,
Paul

Where did you end up and who won?

In terms of points awarded Dom and Alison won. In terms of points deducted for being late, Dom and Alison won, scoring a grand total of 0.
Pasty Tom and Paul were deserved winners, having ridden to The Horse statue at Newmarket and back to Stapleford, arriving 1 minute late. Matt and other Paul were second with Uncle Tom and Mike T completing the podium places.

It was a grand evening for a ride and a fine pub to finish at (Three Horseshoes, Stapleford).