Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thinking of voting UKIP?

nobber

What a [expletive removed] [expletive removed].

Re: Thinking of voting UKIP?

He is clearly after the cycling vote...

Peter Burkinshaw and cycling and Cambridge. Peter Burkinshaw and cycling and Cambridge. Peter Burkinshaw and cycling and Cambridge. Ahhhh, Peter Burkinshaw and cycling and Cambridge.

http://www.camcycle.org.uk/elections/2013maycounty/eastchesterton/

I think I read somewhere that the more that things are mentioned on a website, the more likely it is to get found in google searches. Peter Burkinshaw and cycling and Cambridge.

What's bizarre, but I suppose not surprising since he's a UKIP candidate, is how apparently happy he is to piss off a huge swathe of potential voters. I guess he knows he's never going to come close even to a respectable last place in Cambridge, so is happy to show (off?) his true colours...

Which leads me nicely into... nobber. Well put, Claire.

Can he not even read Wikipedia? "Vehicle excise duty was ring-fenced for road construction and was paid directly into a special Road Fund from 1920 until 1937 after which it was treated as general taxation. Even during this period the majority of the cost of road building and improvement came from general and local taxation due to the tax being too low for the upkeep of the roads."

Nobber

Dom

P.S. Just one more time for luck: Peter Burkinshaw and cycling and Cambridge.

As an East Chesterton resident are you lot trying to dissuade me from voting UKIP??

Tony - yes Sounds like a lovely chap doesn't he?
Though knowing the driving round East Chesterton (all those lorries driving like arses along Fen Road) he may hold a popular view.

As the webmaster, I should emphasise that opinions freely expressed herein are not necessarily representative of the CAMMTB Group, which in itself is not incorporated nor constituted in any way.

Opinions are freely given and expressed by individuals and they are entirely responsible for the content of their posts. If matters of complaint are brought to the personal attention of the webmaster, they will consider all such complaints on their own merits and act reasonably to resolve said complaints at some time thereafter.

On this occasion, no such complaints have been received to date. I must therefore give my considered opinion, that Mr Burkinshaw is, indeed, a nobber.

what a Nobber.

not you Pale Rider but him "Peter Burkinshaw"

how to throw an election before you get to the poles.

well he has lost my protest vote for a start!

PS nice disclamer.

I don't think Mr Burkinshaw is after votes from Poles is he?

No, but you know the history of invading Poland...

I think UKIP have got quiet a lot of attention: 3 very long pages: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ukip-on-cycling/page/2

Pat

I saw on the Ballot paper that UKIP man is from Union Lane. Your surname 's not Burkinshaw is it?

Did Nobber get elected? I see from the Beeb that UKIP gained a bunch of seats in Cambridge but I can't find a detailed breakdown.

Jesus fucking christ. I know politicians are often not the noblest specimens of humanity but to vote for a retard like that...

It's just as sad beyond the wall. Some of Salmond's mob make Nobber look positively gifted. If Jockland does declare UDI I may well be looking to come back!

Paul

Thankfully nobber came 3rd with 8.8% of the votes.
Lib dem got the vote.

http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/council/democracy/elections/elections-2013/cambridge-city.htm#East