Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Milton tonight

Anyone fancy a pootle?

I'm in London all day and might miss the start but intend to go to the pub at least.

If I miss the start and there is a change of venue could someone text me.

Re: Milton tonight

I want to come out tonight.

Do people want to go to Milton? Tony says it's creepy (the pub not the village)!

I will text you Paul if we change plans.

I should make it out tonight. I don't particularly mind stopping at creepy pubs in Milton, as long as the teenagers there don't bite. I've managed to fix the back wheel on my Niner - the one I broke in Harlton woods on just its second ride. I must try and break some spokes again on the third ride, that would be great.

- Matt

Planning to resist the call of the beer festival and come riding instead

I'm hoping to be out too!

I have some drain building to attend to, but may finish that in time.

Chris

Yep I am coming, dont mind pub change especially if its south cambs :)