Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hairy Hounds Ces Soir

Anyone fancy a pootle to one of Cambridges finest?

Re: Hairy Hounds Ces Soir

I'm out tonight, parking car at pub.

Yarp - I will be out.

What's your tyre recommendation, Duncan? Is it drying out after last week's mini-deluge?

PT

should be out provided unattended dogs have not eaten the house...

Summer tyres seem fine, although I think it probably isn't the time to bring out your triple compound Schwalbe Lederhosen queer Toms

i'm in for a bit of that

Will I get away with me Racing Ralphs (without lederhosen)? They were little use last week on the really muddy stuff (but they rocked on the hard-pack!).

PT

if they worked last week in the mud i'd say it is a prety safe bet after all the sun we have had.

hey what do i know about this stuff, play safe, use the trailrakers.

Thanks Pat - I'll use the Whyte with the RR's then!

I'll be out with winter nobblies as haven't had time to change to summers..

We'll be parking at the pub too

I'll be out, c/w summer tyres and dust mask just in case. A perfect evening for it (weather and pub)