Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TONIGHT!!!! Blue Lion, Hardwick on the hill

Nearly the longest day of the year doesn't mean it has to be the longest ride of the year, I'm sure there should be some tasty dregs left over from the blue lions beer fest a couple of days ago..... could always sneak in there for 9pm
Roll up....whoose out?

Re: TONIGHT!!!! Blue Lion, Hardwick on the hill

I shall be pootling this evening.

Yep I will be out.

Hi Paul.

I will be out tonight so see you there. Not sure if you have Matts details but I am trying to contact him re my light that his mate Stuart has as I need it this weekend, if you have could you forward them or get him to text me please on 07837873804? If not no worries as hopefully he will be out tonight.

Regards
Paul

Can't make it tonight, working. Have a good ride.

Yet another family birthday foils my attempt at a local hostelry, and cant make this Thursday either.....

We're pootling too - in from the pub first. So hang on for us! A&D

Good ride

Top route last night Duncan, thanks for leading.

Nice to be able to take advantage of some good weather and late sunsets...

Re: Good ride

And so say all of us Mind you I was having to walk a tad slowly this morning on the way down stairs for the morning cuppa, not sure if it was the numb legs or the Hoggarden

Yes enjoyed that!! Had to appologise to Ferg this morning for drinking half a pint of his yummy strawberry flavour antihistamine.

Agreed, good ride, thanks!