Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tonight - Fen Ditton?

It's going to rain but I'm planning on riding if it's not too minging.

Re: Tonight - Fen Ditton?

Have fun - I'm going carting this evening instead. It's not even outdoors!

hope to be out too

Unless its a monsoon, I'll be out

Re: Tonight - Fen Ditton - Pedantry for Pasty

Pasty its Karting, not carting. Or maybe the site spell checker corrected your correct spelling?

Wishing all a good ride, or in the case of Pasty, drive.

Well done Peter, these boys have to be corrected & saved me having to!!
Not out tonight as I went for a lovely long ride in the dry this morning .........they don't seem to have one for SMUG
OOOOh hang on, what about

I think Mrs Pasty has got him carrying things tonight.

It's so minging I can feel my motivation slumping....

Arh, I think Carting may mean super market trolley pushing & indoors he just missed out the 'Er (Dusty bins been helping me out)
Come on Claire, without Eco or I you'll be the bestest night ride swearer tonight!

I hope there'll be some ppl out tonight for my first ride with you guys. I'll end up going round & round Parkers Piece in circles, blinding everyone with my new Cateye I brought especially :-/

After much studying of the rain radar and windguru’s prediction, it looks like it might be dry, so I’ll maybe be out. No promises though....

XCWeather says rain, MetOffice says drying. The view from the window says improving. Looking at the ground it's still soaked.

What to do, what to do?

Alison and I and a friend from London will be out, riding in from home, unless Neil's monsoon turns up - or if it's a bit minging - or if we don't feel like it...

Decisive Dom

still planning on being out. May push beyond Parker's Piece, possibly as far as Coldham's Common.

Pasty you're a bit slack on pulling Mr T up for his lack usage of an apostrophe.

BBC says mostly harmless tonight. You'll be fine Dom.

Tony, I think you'll find that your initial word ("still" - sic) requires an initial capital letter in the context in which you've used it. Perhaps you've used the one you missed off "lack" (still sic...)

What's all this pushing? Are you planning on getting a puncture?

Dom

Will be out tonight, see you later.

Richard

Ok I'll admit it. I've misspelled Karting but I'm still King Pedant, just you wait.

Here's a coincidence; Geordie Nige is ALSO karting here tonight!

Shouldn't that be 'king pedant?

Surly Kin?
I daunt think this sort of ranter will affect Panty in the lightest.... He will be excuse to it by meow.
Flippin' riddle agregant, give em a brown suite & a fox machine and they drink they bone the wold

Unfortunately, I wil not be out tonight carting/karting or MTB'ing.
This is due to the need to remain in one piece and not feel to sh1t in the morning as I have a job interview in Leciester.

I will, however, put in a couple of hours on the road bike.

See you next Thursday.
Pat

Riding tonight, waiting for train at Ely, as I have a lift home.

I'm coming and not wimping out!

Having just spent the last 30 minutes typing an itemised grammatical and spelling critique of each of the above posts, bar a handful, and then accidentally losing the whole lot, I shall give up and go to bed.

Suffice to say that I will be keeping an eye on your spelling, capitalisation, references to the Phonographic Performance Licencing system (Neil - what were you thinking, man?) and use of full stops much more closely in the future.

And Pat, you were nearly there; I'm sure that you meant to type "shit", but couldn't bring yourself to do it. Good luck for your interview.

Karting was fun too. Turns out that I'm pretty slow at that as well.