Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
URGENT Tonight, Bartlow or Bust!! DECISION REQUIRED

Voyeurism is not an option today... Post your thoughts or you forgo your right to winge later!

Hi Got a few routes in mind....
Do we fancy a Croyden type ride where we have a couple at Bartlow then head back around 10ish?
OR
We could do what we did before and have A pint at Bartlow then carry on and finish at a pub in Duxford, Whittlesford, shelford or similar?
OR
Just include Bartlow in the ride & end up at one of the above ?

Best to make a decision this morning so that those "Doin' a Dom" can leave their VeeHickuls at the chosen location?!?! (I know Jon of Elyshire would like to know a destination)

Or Shall I just make a decision....oooohhh I'm all a dither?!?

Re: URGENT Tonight, Bartlow or Bust!! DECISION REQUIRED

Hi

I'll be out and will follow the wheel in front!
Bartlow / pub / Bartlow / shelford / pub, all sounds good to me.

As for decisions the wife's in charge of those so I'm told ;) God I hope she doesn't ever rea.... coming dear

OK,
Sword you
All been well this evenings pub will be The Three Horseshoes in......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%******************************************************!!!+++++????????////////////
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????--------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::....,,,,\ Stapleford
Hmmmph

"sword you"?? Are you going to run through latecomers with a sabre?

Stapleford it is then. Is that the one that used to be the Longbow with the dogey landlord?

See you all later

sword as in Sod!
Yes, but new owners (People from Cambridge Blues sister pub)

Ahh gotcha

*puts katana away*