Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thursday's outting

Hello,

If i come to tomorrow's outting will you promise me it won't turn out to be a surprise manic dash between pubs that are miles away from each other in sub-zero conditions with a 3-hour time limit and a crazy victory-thirsty speed monster as my partner?

See you tomorrow then :)

E

Re: Thursday's outting

Well... it might not be cold.

On the downside: people have been known to correct spelling on this forum. I had "tires" corrected to "tyres", for example. But I'm not sure whether American spelling is better or worse than incorrect spelling... :-p

(Just joking. I'll stop short of correcting spelling. I'll just make vague innuendos about it!)

Not going to make it this week either.
Back is still bad, but on the plus side, I can actuly stand up this week.
Also a 5am start at work today has robbed my enthusiasm for a late finish and a charge back to town.
May see you next Tuesday as I can't make next Thursday either!

Apologies, i had no idea i had an inner American... I did think it looked a bit funny, but went with it anyway. Shame on me.

I'm actually not going to be able to make it tonight anymore, i've got to deal with an outbreak of man flu in Ely. (Oooo, harsh.)

I'll try not to leave it another 6 months...

Have a good one - what a lovely evening!

a crazy victory-thirsty speed monster as my partner?

that's harsh! ..... what about enthusiastic badger friend and all round energetic type twa.....i mean chap!!

Only joshing, I really enjoyed the winter wobble, even if it did almost kill me! I thought my puncture was going to be my saviour, but oh no, out came the latex reinforcement...