Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Local MTB Race

Hi All,
Walden Velo has decided to do one more of their Thursday evening races next week. They are very laid back fun events. The course is very twisty and technical 2k course, with 2-3 very steep drop offs with chicken runs around them. I did one last night and had a blast- it was an excellent course. Its worth coming just to ride round the course even if you're not big on racing.

Full details here:
https://sites.google.com/site/waldenvelocc/home/Announcements/1wvracing-update
*Note: it will start at 7:15pm next week.

Venue is here:
http://goo.gl/maps/DP5em

Re: Local MTB Race

It sounds fun wes, is this week's the last one?

I'm fairly sure it is the last one. The course is very twisty and loops around on itself so it almost has a cyclocross like feel to it since spectators can see people numerous times from one location. It also lets you know who's just in front or behind you! Last week there were two very techical sections comprised of "stairs" made up of loose gravel held up by timber and a very steep drop off. There was also a nice section with a good jump.

Very laid back bunch, no license etc required. £8.50 entry, prizes to top 3 men/women. (last week there were no women, so you could double you're money claire! Winners get about £20 depending on the number of entrants)

There will be a few of us from CCC there.

Note: They've bumped the start up to 7pm.

I will think about it, was planning on cammtbing, but the idea of doing something with some fairly techy bits is quite appealing. Though if I don't get there in time to practise I might just crash!!