Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bony Tony's BIG Adventure

For those of you who have no idea what this is about, the Big Adventure is a competitive mtb orienteering night. A list of waypoints will be issued for you to choose from, each worth a certain amount of points. Teams of two collect as many points as possible by photographing themselves at the waypoint and making it to the destination pub before he 10.0pm deadline. Points are deducted for late arrival. Bonus points are available for photo's taken of subjects of my choosing as well as feats of skill or speed on a bike. In a change to previous years there will be one or two extras to be revealed on the day.

The wining team wins wine.

The question is - how suitable is 8th August? I would prefer to run the event with a decent turnout. Is the 8th OK or would a rescheduling to September be preferred (say the 12th?)

Tony

Re: Bony Tony's BIG Adventure

Currently down as 1st August Tony! (next Thursday).

I would like to come whenever you do it, and would try and make either.

I would be keen to do it but can't do either Aug 1 or 8. Happy to move to later in August or September if there is a consensus for that.

I'd be keen, but can't make 1 or 8 August.

From the 15th my Thursdays open up a bit, so I'd try to come if it rescheduled to after then.

1st of August? So it is. Could have been a bigger non-event!

I'm not around for the last two weeks of August so September is probably best.

Due to holidays, I prefer September.

If there are no objections, I will swap the 12th Sept and 8th August rides around.

September 12th good for me...

Dom

Hi Tony,

I'm OK for the 12th Sept. I suspect that time I spotted you near Comberton may be significant!

Pete