Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone fancy Thetford tonight?

Anyone fancy a spin around the single track tonight?

The weather forecast is somewhat random so we may or may not get wet!

Re: Anyone fancy Thetford tonight?

Yes but depends on start time as won't be able to leave Cambridge until 7pm, may be a tad late for me.

leaving at 7 should get you there in good time for an 8 pm start at Brandon Country Park

Well that's two Who else is up for it?

Oscar and I are up for it.

Not sure where we meet, is it off the road that runs from Brandon to Centre Parcs. The place with the 15 mile long one way system with the cafe, Go Ape, etc ?

That was going to be my question too Paul.
Are we all using a generic postcode for sat nav?

Hi Paul

It is in the Brandon Country Park car park and NOT high lodge (place with Go Ape etc...). If you head from Brandon towards Centre Parcs (B1106) it is signposted off to the right (brown touristy sign post) after about 4-500 metres, if you get as far as Fire Road 6 you have gone too far. Its grid ref is TL 786 853.

See you later

I don't think I'm going to have access to the car this evening.

I'll probably go to the usual start at Brookside for 7:30pm and ride from there.

- Matt

Happy to offer a lift if you want Matt?

I'm going to the usual spot and will do a local ride if there are any others, can't get to Thetford for 8.

Ann's just turned up at home with the car, so I now have the option.

Not sure I'm going to be ready in time, though. Will let you know.

- Matt

Oh yeah, I haven't heard back from Stuart yet, either...

cant make it need to keep fresh for a 500k audax on sunday...real riding in the inter county lunar ride

500k? That's just silly!

That's the prize money!