Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tonight (thursday)

Anyone riding tonight? Any plans?

Re: Tonight (thursday)

Crikey! Nobody?

I'm up for something but I don't have a plan, and I'm well busy all afternoon so can't easily formulate one. Happy to go with the flow but would love a Northern pub [forlorn face]...

Dom

I am toying with the idea of going and trying the race Wes was on about in Saffron Walden as a bit of a change, so i might bail out too....

Decisions....

Wes said "Walden Velo has decided to do one more of their Thursday evening races next week" - my bold italics.

Is that today or next Thursday? Wes?

It's tonight!

I'll be out from Brookside. Don't have any particular ideas route-wise though.

Karting in Newmarket tonight so I'll see you all on Tue

I plan to ride Cambridge tonight, and like normal, I haven't got a clue.

I'll be there (for whatever we're doing !)

Norman

OK, I've got a route in mind - Red Lion Histon via Hardwick and Bar Hill.

See you later!
Dom

I'm planning to be out. I'll be on the Stumpjumper, so heavier and slower than usual...

Riaan,

You did alright on Sunday on it, especially downhill I noted. But that could be my soft, Southern self-preservation gene kicking in.

Where's your HD Hero3 video of us all posing and going downhill fast? (fastish)

PT

Alas, tonight the Stumpjumper acted up. :-(

Apologies to everyone when I vanished. I narrowly avoided getting the chain wedged between the front derailleur and chain rings at the Red Lion / Green Man, but the second time the chain suck struck (outside Barton, I think?), it was wedged quite solid, and it looked like it was going to happen again and again.

I thought the two back-markers would've warned you, but apparently they lost the trail... :-)

Pasty, I'll try and have a look over the weekend at the videos that made it past my SD card format on Sunday! Not sure where I'll post it, but I'll let you know.

Hi Riaan

Hope you get the Stumpy sorted OK - that all sounds nasty.

No need to apologise - we should be saying sorry to you (Sorry, Riaan) for not looking behind often enough to notice you weren't there. After you'd gone we had four punctures, so we never made it to the Red Lion - we ended up at the Blue Lion in Hardwick in rapidly fading light after a very punctuated ride! Not the best night's riding ever, but good fun nonetheless, and teh Blue Lion had three very fine beers...

Dom

yes, you should always wait for the last person to arrive, especially mid ride!