Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Time to show my ugly face again :-)

Am planning to come along this Thursday after what feels like a never ending sabbatical. Looking forward to all the heckles and piss taking.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing some old faces and get to know what looks like many new ones.

Clem

Re: Time to show my ugly face again :-)

Hi Clem,

I'm planning on riding on Thursday - it'll be good to see you again.

PT

Can you bring your bank details, thanks

In your absence we have all taken to riding niche bikes now, so unless it is a 29 rear/650B front tubeless singlespeed 1 by 10 carbon/titanium handbuilt composite framed rigid lefty with risers, bar ends & dropper post then you may feel slightly left out!
Or you could always use the Pace----

I'll be out Thursday for a leg stretch. Cant miss this one.......

Feel free to bring your bank details. If you would prefer to post them, I'm in Scotland!

Careful with those Zestys Pete and Dom...

Will not bring the Pace this time but may do soon.

-Clem