Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weekend in Wales in Sept

Who is interested in a MTB trip to wales in sept. I will be going regardless but you are more than welcome to join me. Options are Afan Argoed, Coed y Brenin but tempted to try Bike park Wales (merthyr Tydfil). Would probably travel Friday afternoon and travel back Sunday afternoon. This would give us 2 days of riding. Options for accommodation will depend on numbers.

Now I do not expect anybody to be interested in sharing a lift with me but there will be space for 1 person and bike in the car. For some reason I don't trust bike racks anymore.

Most probable date may be 3rd weekend in sept.

Clem

Re: Weekend in Wales in Sept

I would be up for it Clem but I can't do the third w/e in sept as I have to go to a wedding apparently.
I am free 7/8 and 14/15 sept tho

Re: Weekend in Wales in Sept

I will be camping in Dolgellau on the 13th and 14th Sept if anybody wishes to join me. I will ride Llandegla on route to Dolgellau then Coed y Brenin on the Saturday. Depending on who comes along, my options for Sunday are either an uplift day at antur stiniog or ride one of the trails at Betws y Coed.

Feel free to come along. My number is 07867 523015 if anybody wishes to have more details.

Clem