Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tonight - disaster - can we change plan??

Hello all, sorry to be a pain, turns out my friend who runs the pub we are going to is in Spain picking up his kids (I did tell him we were coming, but he is a bit like Manuel from Fawlty Towers so probably didn't realise the date clash)

The pub is still open so we could go, but I would prefer to go when he is there, so could we swap to next Tuesday??

SORRY!

Re: Tonight - disaster - can we change plan??

I'd like to do the ride, for something different to the usual, but am in Aberdeen next Tuesday night (don't ask!).

I'd be sad to miss it, but if it ends up being next Tuesday, I'm sure there'll be another one!

Dom

Que?

Next Tuesday is off for me too, but whatever happens happens...

No, Tony, I think you'll find that's Quy...

Could also switch to this Thursday..

Happy to change nights, but I can't do Thursday...

Hi Claire,
Next week is fine for me! Could we make a firm decision as I also have 'other cards on the table' but do not want to miss your ride!

Can't do this Thursday, can probably go next week. Would like to see this ride, but happy with whatever happens.

Hi Claire,
Any thoughts???!!!????

I don't mind where we go! Quite understand why you would rather go when your friend is there - makes sense. And I can do next week!

Ok - next Tuesday it is!!

Is tonight still on for a different destination then?

Looks like harlton nick