Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The BIG Adventure - tonight

Please can you post here if you're intending to ride tonight so I can make sure I have enough maps etc made up.

If you don't have a partner or team yet but want to ride, just turn up as normal and something can be worked out I'm sure.

I intend to be at Brookside at about 7.15 so I can handout the checkpoint lists and maps in advance of the start time of 7.30.

Wine has been bought but I don't intend taking it on a 25 mile tour of the countryside this time...

Re: The BIG Adventure - tonight

Team "Which way is up" will be riding. That's me & Kiwi Michael

Hi Tony,

I'm intending to ride tonight. I'll take my chances with a team mate, preferably not a quick one......

Thanks for putting this on.

Pete

Norman and I are planning to be there, and ride together.

Michael R and me are planning to ride tonight.

PT

With my usual lack of foward thinking and planning, i'm going to be out tonight.
as yet i have no team mate.
but i guess that can be sorted at the start, if there is anyone who wants to streatch their legs.
laters

Sorry Tony, I really wanted to come but have used up all my brownie points going away for the weekend...

Very sorry to have to miss this.

Bizarrely have been invited out to dinner on a Thursday, and would be lynched if I didn't attend.

Have a great evening.

See you next week

Tom R

unfortunately the laboratory has got in the way...

See you all next week

Tom R, where is this dinner? Can we find it on an OS map?

100 bonus pints for Tom R at a dinner party...

Was that a typo, or will we really be getting bonus pints if we track him down?

hmmm. May have been a typo. Keep your head down Robinson, d'ye hear me!!!!

Sorry to have missed this - I was hoping to be out.

Was it fun? Was it muddy? Was it dry?

Who won?

Questions. questions...

Dom