Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

Hey guys,

I moved to Cambridge a few months ago now and have just discovered this 'club'.

I'm really keen to get mountain biking again so if you're sure it's cool just to rock up at the meeting point and come along then I will do next week.

Do you ride both Tuesday and Thursday religiously?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Newbie

Hi Matt - we are a fairly religious lot and Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually 'on'. If the weather looks a bit crap there may not be many (occasionally any) takers. Check the forum about lunchtime on the day and you will usually see if anyone is planning on riding. If no-one has posted, stick something there yourself as there will usually be someone planning on riding.

don't forget your lights and a lid.

Look forward to seeing you out and about.

Tony