Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone riding on Tuesday 24th Sep - To Hardwick Pub ?

Hi, I am a new rider to your club and looking to join up with you guys on some night rides, I have recently moved to Comberton and I am now within riding distance in/out for your Tue/Thu night rides.

Is anyone intending to ride, looking for some guidance as I am not familiar with the trails this way, especially at night!

I will be at the old Cross Keys location at 7:20pm tomorrow if others are riding, many thanks

Bryan :))

Re: Anyone riding on Tuesday 24th Sep - To Hardwick Pub ?

Hi Bryan.

Welcome to the group (we're strictly not a club!). I'll be riding tonight, although i'm more of a Thursday man typically (wife's-out-on't-razzle on Thursday this week).

Incidentally, I and a few others in the club also live in Comberton!

In fact, i'll be riding into town at about 7pm from home. Fancy meeting at the mini-roundabout then ?

Cheers
norman

Hi Norman,

Yes great, see you at the mini RAB at Long Road - 7pm, many thanks

best regards

Bryan.

I'm doing a Duncan Bannatyne tonight so "I'm out" but hopefully will be out Thu.
Have a good ride all

Ha ha, just found these on the emoticons page - brilliant!

Hi

I am also new here. I am a guest phd at the university until mid-december and living in Hardwick meanwhile. If my family obligations allow it I would like you join you tonight. It would be convenient for me also to join the Comberton folks at 7pm. Bryan more or less already answers it but just to be absolutely sure, it is the RAB where Long Rd and Barton Rd cross?

Hope to see you, but do not wait for me if I am not there at 7pm - Btw I will bring plenty of light!

Hiya. Yes. The roundabout is at the junction of Long Road and Barton Road.

I too am normally a Thursday night man but can make an exception for a local (3.2 mile away) destination.

I shall aim to pass the mini RAB at 19:00, but dont wait for me, as I'm sure something will slightly scupper my timing.

Pete

Thanks for the ride yesterday and sorry for my boring puncture.

I can promises you that this was my last ride on that rear tire even though it is only four months and 1300 mills old. Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2013 cannot be recommended as rear tire. The 2013-version has become very fast and light. But maybe also too light. Cause it is simply too fragile for a rear tire. In the mean time there has been no problem with it as front tire.