Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks for the welcome and patience - a great ride out to Hardwick last night!

Great ride last night to Hardwick, as a newbie and my first night ride, I really enjoyed it - a great feeling powering along in the darkness, off road with a spot view only of your surroundings - exhilarating! Thanks also to the friendly welcome received and patience shown to my inadequate efforts on the hills(inclines really!) - once my legs had gone. Really looking forward to my next outing with you, and improving my stamina, big thanks to all!

Re: Thanks for the welcome and patience - a great ride out to Hardwick last night!

Hi. Bryan, glad you enjoyed the ride-I didn't realize it was your first night ride so a big up to you for that. My legs were shot when I got home so you're not alone. It's amazing how the tiniest incline can hurt when they go! Most new riders find that their stamina improves after a few rides and they get to know the format of the rides better.
It was good to see a good bunch of new riders out as well.