Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FREE FREE Quality shed loads of stuff for sale or FREE FREE

Anyone newbie or old who is in the market for some very cheap/free (1) cycle clothes, Altura/Endura/winter tights, goretex jacket, lights, shoes, jerseys, loads of stuff, rubberised white finish Met Ultra Kaos helmet (Claire are you still interested in this?), rack, seat posts, saddles, seat packs, childs plastic boat shaped sand pit, lid & bags of dried sand, medium Giant carbon XTC frame, 18" Ellsworth Truth frame, Fox float 100RL forks, Chris King head set, free (1) tyres, free (1) Trek trailer bike (free to anyone with an eligible/soon to be eligible child), Samsung galaxy S2 large capacity battery (generic), larger genuine battery and back, dock, Brand new used once camelbak Octane LR (2?/3? litre bladder & mouth piece sealed and unused), etc etc
Will also have an Islabikes Bien 20" wheeled childs bike for sale near chrimbo
We've got some French exchange people coming at the end of October, it's clogging up the spare room & garage & I would like (been told) to get rid of it all and fit the log burning stove!
Free(1) punctured Michelin latex inner tube with each SALE (very good, just been too lazy to fix em)

Please post or text/call o7eightotwooneeightthreethreetwoone

Conditions apply
(1) Excludes anyone who has ever driven a dust cart or has/is from willingham with the initials S.P. (you've had enough freebies already)!

Re: FREE FREE Quality shed loads of stuff for sale or FREE FREE

Hey Duncan, Yes possibly still interested in the helmet, sorry to be a pain but any chance I could try it on first? Main problem with my current one apart from being old and fairly disgusting is that I can't get it to fit right!

I do have quite a big head (no jokes, thanks) so it may fit!

Is the trailer thing a tag along or a trailer? If it's a tagalong may also be interested?

Also definitely interested in the Beinn Islabikes.

Oh also, if you've got any 26" tyres I'd also be interested!

Hi Duncan,

Interested in some of the clothes, the fox forks and the trailer bike (I own 3 small children)
I'll give you a shout later.

Cheers
Neil

Hi Claire,
It's a tag along trailer bike thing. Older version of this

http://www.bicyclechain.co.uk/productdetails.asp?productid=27325&gclid=CN2juPmO6bkCFXDJtAodWGkA0Q

Needs a service but okay. Neil is also interested in this!!

Yes you may try it on And if the helmet fits......... you'd better be home by midnight.

This weekend would be good as trying to make room for two motor bikes and a moped!

Forgot to mention we also have a trail gator 3-7yr old compatible (as championed with much success by the Lyons and cook families) up for grabs

Forgot to mention we also have a trail gator 3-7yr old compatible(as championed with much success by the Lyons and cook families) up for grabs

Cheers Duncan I am around this weekend and not doing much so hopefully I can arrange to pop round and have a look!

Thinking of getting a tagalong to get the small one to nursery, so might pick your brains on that front even if Neil wants it. Tbh I think she might be a bit titchy for one at the moment.

X-post on the trailgator, interested in that as well, will definitely pick your brains on what works well at what age!

Can I have dibs on the Islabikes Beinn if no-one else got in before me, happy to pay going price, Eddie is a bit small at the moment, but he is miffed that Clem's Isaac has gears and he doesn't! (Isaac, despite being younger is a giant and Eddie is a midget)

Clem named his son after a bicycle!?!

Yes, can you come this weekend?
Am keen to shift everything & Fergs is away....please

26" stans tubeless kit inc. rim tape, sealing rubbers (no latex)

Shimano winter boots size 44 (so could also be used with 43 feet and thick socks)

Yes will give you a text/ring over the weekend and come round at some point.

"Shimano winter boots size 44 - could be used with 43 + thick socks"

Still got 'em ? I've been promising myself these for years, but have never managed to justify the spend !

Yes Norman, still have em
£20?!?

seems reasonable - I'd have to try them on first .

My wife is down CVC gym this evengin - OK to pop to yours once she's back ? ~9 ish, I reckon.

Right. Mutally failed to get it together last night - I'm going to head out riding tonight, so how about 6:30ish, your place ?

Yes, I'll be here

Duncan,
Do you still have the winter shoes?
What kind of rack is it?
Size of the CK headset?

Thanks!