Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How to get in touch with those behind D2D?

Hi,

I am new in this area. During the night ride with you last Tuesday I hear about this 12 hours race D2D. I could understand that the entry has closed, but was encouraged to contact the people behind the race anyway if I wanted to participate and I was advised to explain that I have just come to the country making it possible for me to hear about the race. Therefore, Thursday I wrote to the only email address I could find under the D2D section of their website (info@thetfordmtbracing.com) but have not got an answer yet. If one of you guys have some insider knowledge about the people arranging this event do you then think I should take this as a "no you cannot race with such a short notice", or should I give them a little more time to return, or do you think I should try to get in touch with them in another way?

Regards

Jonas

Re: How to get in touch with those behind D2D?

Hiya, they do have a facebook page, and they do seem to respond sometimes on that, I think it is "Thetford Mtb Racing".