Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum pic

Please tell me it won't be there for weeks?

I don't want to look at Shelton's gurning face everytime I come on here!

How about a nice pic of some cambridgeshire countryside?
Or a nice lycra clad (male) bottom?

Re: Forum pic

We'll see whether we can combine the two for you Claire!

In the meantime, here's my entry for the caption competition:-

"South Cambs binman finds yet another discarded crosser."

PT

Claire,
If you want to some arse! you only have to ask.

Thanks Shelton but after this photo I don't want to encourage you to send in any more

My 3 year old daughter saw me look at the forum and said "Mummy who is THAT?" Perhaps she thought you looked very manly and cool.

Shelton reacts to being told that sitting and pedalling is usually quicker than carrying.

OR

Unusually swift, the police cordoned off the incident scene before the theft was completed.

OR

Shelton resorts to unusual means to get to the other end of the pitch in time for the goal kick.

OR

wooaaahhhhh bodddyyyyyyfooorrrmmm bodyformed for youuuuuuu

wooaaahhhhh bodddyyyyyyfooorrrmmm bodyformed for youuuuuuu

Caption of the year, I think

pass the bottle of mind bleach.
i'm never going to watch adverts on TV in the same way again.

Shelton now realises that there is a reason for Carbon Fiber, after lugging his 1920's butchers bike round the race track.