Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Oak, Barrritun tonight

Anyone out for a pootle to Gods very own village of choice?

Re: Royal Oak, Barrritun tonight

I'll be out this eve Duncan. I had my first ride out last week and thoroughly enjoyed it despite the slight mishap I had on Fleame Dyke 😣

I am partial to a pootle so count me in

Not out tonight as my legs haven't forgiven me for Dusk 'til Dawn yet, and also I don't currently own a helmet that doesn't have a large crack in it (note to self try not to fall off so much).

However, I am looking forward to the next three rides all of which end at that fine pub near to Claire's house. Thank you Runs List Fairy.

Not on the runs list I've sent you and Tom!?!

I am also a little tired from Dusk til Dawn but I will look forward to Thursday's ride to the Six Bells, thank you Runs List Hacker.

Why you're welcome Paul and Claire. I thought you deserved some local rides after your monumental dusk til dawn efforts

You are both truly awesome. Well apart from the falling off Paul.

On the clearly misguided understanding that this thread was something to do with tonight's ride, I thought I might pop out. Riding in from Barrington...

Laters
Dom