Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking dry for Dry Drayton

Anyone out? Is the pub going to be open? Questions Questions

Re: looking dry for Dry Drayton

i think i should make it this week.

It is, or at least appears to be, open.

However, I'm not sure we should go there. It appears to be very very food oriented. More worryingly, the couple of recent reviews here aren't at all complimentary.

Weather looks alright - staying dry, anyway. I intend to be out...

Answers, answers...
Dom

I'm coming out! Hardwick instead possibly?

Hoping to be out, so long as I get punctures fixed in time.

Richard

Both work for me - it would be nice to avoid the usual hour long trek back to darkest Oakington

I'll be out. I recall a few years ago we reached the Black Horse at just before 10pm, and were told they had closed early due lack of business (something we were keen to rectify, but they were not!)

Yes Hardwick a distinct possibility tonight.

Pete

Excellent suggestion Claire, Hardwick it is.

Not out tonight.

See you next Tuesday