Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I thought I'd had the max entertainment out of Michael R at Hadleigh Farm, but...

Why did we not know about this?

Seriously, though what is it with these old lady dog walkers round Cambridge? Some serious bike hatred around!

Re: I thought I'd had the max entertainment out of Michael R at Hadleigh Farm, but...

On reflection I am very sorry for finding this even mildly amusing as after getting over the amusement of finding out it was crazy Michael who fell on his bum on the gap jump at Hadleigh farm, the article reads quite badly and in my opinion, has quite a negative bias to cyclists.

Makes me quite cross. Yeah let's report on someone who is PROSECUTED for assaulting someone and make the main part of the article the incoherent anti-cyclist ramblings of some half witted solicitor.

Am cross on your behalf Michael.

Re: I thought I'd had the max entertainment out of Michael R at Hadleigh Farm, but...

There was a link to this on the Bike Radar site today but I failed to make the connection to Michael R

The article really is a pile of sh1t, worthy of the Daily Fail...

Thanks Claire, and all. It's OK to find it amusing... It is tabloid fodder, after all. But definitely misreported-- She was coming toward me, and I was riding at a walking pace, and she deliberately stepped in my path. And it was the second time she hit me, and she's hit my wife, and others.

Yes I realised I had already heard of the controvesy surrounding her on cambridge cycling campaign mailing list. Astonishingly bad reporting but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story hey?

Are you coming to the Xmas party? You could even win a special prize I reckon!!

Yes please count me in for the christmas party. I promise to shower.

Great, you can tell us all about these timbrel vault building techniques that you know so much about too