Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks our Claire

Very enjoyable, nice spot, well done me dut... Tip top.. Ta

Re: Thanks our Claire

What is this? An almost coherent post from Duncan? Dunno what a dut is (do I want to?) but all the other words make sense!
Cheers Duncan and all was a fun night. Bit sleepy now.

Thanks for organising everything Claire. As Duncan says a good venue and a very pleasant evening.

Thank you party planner extraordinaire, anyone who could keep us lot in vague order needs a dedicated award!
Great night - slightly sore head

Thanks for organising Claire! Great logistical skills there.

And thanks everyone for a great night talking b0llocks and drinking beer!

Hi mtb-fellows and Claire

Another ditto for thanks to Claire - a great night, impeccably organised. Kudos to the Maypole, too - a good room, good food and a range of taps...

I wish I'd been sitting with you, Riaan - where I was, we were drinking bollocks and talking beer.

And an echo of Tasty Tom's comment - well done to all the award winners for providing the highlights (or something close to it) for another year on the trails!

Yours in cycling
Dom

What they all said.

Thanks Claire, a great night. Remarkably clear head this morning too. Not sure how

Indeed, many thanks Claire for the arrangements. A cracking venue! Thanks everyone for the company and atmosphere, and the usual suspects for the entertainment, planned and unplanned

Cheers,

Richard

Yes indeed! Thank you Thank you!

Excellent selection, great company, now I might recognise some of you out of lycra...

Thanks for the Crashbag awards