Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone else fancy Lording it in Trumpers this eve?

Anyone else out?
Due to all our concerns with erosion, expired diving certificates and the weather has been sh*te how about one of our infamous MTB road rides. Anyone who Turns up on anything road inspired and we'll hit the mud!
Slick tyres...... Your on the front all night. Weather, me Beeb app suggests a nice rain free Eve, so, Don your boots and let's dispense with some of that festive lard.
See you later:-)

Re: Anyone else fancy Lording it in Trumpers this eve?

I'm planning on taking the fat tyred bike out on the road this evening given how wet it has been. If there is a consensus for this I'll see you at Brookside later with snorkel at the ready...

So Guy Martin thinks he's the only one who can aquaplane on a bike huh?

I'm up for playing in puddles.

What surety not Guy badgers and aeroplanes, cactus, conkers and swimming antelopes Martin?

New boy here.... I'll be there

Will be out too

Yep I'm up for it (mind you not sure if I can find the bike in the big pile of mud I rode home on last Thursday)

I don't really understand what these posts mean...?

I'm just about to leave the office and get on a slick- and skinny-tyred machine. I'll stop past the meeting spot and take any mtb-chauvanistic abuse...

I won't follow or lead you onto any mud!

Just a quick thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome last night. Had a good ride even if it was pretty much all road lol. Will see you nxt week I hope.
Cheers