Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Six Bells, Fulbourn

Anyone riding to the Six Bells tonight?

Re: Six Bells, Fulbourn

Yup!

I hope to be roading it to the pub. See you there all being well

I will also be roading it to the pub but, workload permitting, I'd like to start from Brookside with the normal group.

Anyone else roading it? I'm doing so on physio's advice - they've seen the state of the trails too.

PT

Baby sitting again tonight so going to head for the.......mud this arvo.
See you next week

I was planning on mtbing, but I don't mind quite a lot of road given the likely state of the off road!

In other news, I have a new uppy downy seatpost. Very exciting.

i'm planning on being out tonight.
i'd prefere the mud to the road, but we will see what is decided at the start.

Mud, mud, glorious mud
Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood
So follow me follow, down to the hollow
And there let me wallow in glorious mud

Lyrics courtesy of Flanders & Swann's Hippopotamus Song

Yep, i'm out for the 2nd time this week. I am happy with some mud (....mud glorious mud) but will do road if thats what everyone wants.

See you at the usual place - usual time

Update: Pete and I are roading but will start a bit late as I've only just got home. That is all.

Laters!

Folks
The train is running late, will not be in Cambridge until 8. Still coming will meet you in the pub about 9.30

Claire
In other news, I have a new uppy downy seatpost. Very exciting.

Oooooh! What have you got?

Dom

A.....Reverb!

After my flapping about whether it would fit, in fact I couldn't measure and it fits easily.