Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
11th Feb

Short of work holding me back (likely), I'm keen to join tomorrow night.

Can someone confirm its still on, and if so, that no-one will be waiting for me (work is unpredictable, unreliable and frankly less fun than riding and drinking beer).

Is the meeting place easy to find? Ill be coming from Addenbrookes then home (near St Radegunds pub) depending on time.

Anyone know where I can get some zipties? My ayups are out of action til I find some, have a less impressive but adequate bar light.

If I don't make it, is anyone keen for some semi-regular night rides? Family is going to bed early whilst they acclimatise, and ive been cranking it out on the trainer. Outside would be more fun.

Re: 11th Feb

Hi, I am planning to ride tonight, but it all depends on motivation after watching it piss with rain all day.

I can bring some zip ties for you if I do come, or you can buy some from anywhere like B&Q, Homebase, etc (Newmarket road).

Yes the meeting place is easy to find, just go to Brookside (find on google maps)

By night rides do you mean starting even later than 7:30? Not me I don't think, i am struggling with motivation to get out on these rides given the mud and general dampness (wuss)

hopefully I'll be there, if I can free up my stiff neck
at least its just wet... not cold and wet

Yes doing a Dom & looking forward to getting out tonight.
Weather here in Comberton is looking very good, wind has dropped & the sun is currently creating 2.3kw on my pvs'!!

Yep Im coming out tonight, cold but dry

I'll be there, weather looks ok
Chris

Hi Bangers

I'm planning to be out, and doing a Dom (riding in from the pub and leaving my car there ready for a quick get-away after a drink!).

bangers

Is the meeting place easy to find? Ill be coming from Addenbrookes then home (near St Radegunds pub) depending on time.

Yep, easy, as Claire said: Rides start from outside the Japas Bento Box restaurant (formerly known as the Cross Keys pub) at Brookside, Cambridge - google-map it!

bangers

Anyone know where I can get some zipties? My ayups are out of action til I find some, have a less impressive but adequate bar light.

I'll have a few zip ties with me...

Cheers
Dom

Damn work.

In fact in the end we had so many zip ties Dom made a nice pint glass caddy by utilising his excellent basket weaving skills.

Ha ha ha.

I still need some.

Anyone want to do an off-road loop some time over the weekend? Maybe sunday morning?

Still hoping to make Tuesday again....