Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blue Ball, Grantchester

Anyone out tonight, and what about a few beers at the Green Man?

Re: Blue Ball, Grantchester

Hi Jon, ref your suggestion of the Green Man, is this because there is often jazz at the Blue Ball on a Thursday evening?

Planning to ride this evening, yes. Looks like it might even be dry!

Richard

Should be out tonight. Bound to be dry and dusty. Anything that avoids jazz gets my vote

Not tonight unfortunatley, Yet more boy sitting with his lord ship.
P.S.
Tony your boiler is due a service, due you want me to oblige?

I can confirm that its Music Night at the Blue Ball this evening, but not Jazz.

I'd still prefer the Green Man. Am planning to road it tonight, hopefully Pasty will be joining me.

Indeed, got a sh*tter that needs re-fitting too if you fancy it?

Yep, I'll be in. Or out. Or whatever it is these days.

So I'll park nearer to the Green Man than the Blue Ball then, shall I? There's got to be a joke in there somewhere...

I'll get me coat. And me fleece-lined biblongs. And me big jumper. And me warm hat. And me warm socks.

I'll get me other coat...

Laters
Dom

Sorry folks, can't make it tonight, as I'm running late due to a doctor appointment.

Hi all,

I'll be out. I'm getting changed now...

Tony, I've always said that your shitter needs changing, especially after that last time we camped.

PT

Sorry about last night guys, hope you got a good ride in.

Richard

Are Thursday rides common? I ended up going solo out for a few hours in the arvo.

hi Bangers. Thursday rides every Thursday, same drill as for Tuesdays.