Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wobble On

Don't care what the weather forecast says, the Wobble is on for this week - Competitive Mountain Bike Orienteering with a twist in the Cambridgeshire mud - in case you've forgotten.

Form up your teams, find a tiger-proof helmet, bring a camera and an OS Landranger map of Cambridge if you have one.

Alcoholic prizes for the winning team.

For God's sake, don't let Pasty win again.

Contact me if you need match-making services, for teams or personal fulfilment.

Happy endings guaranteed.

Re: Wobble On

I'm up for it - I already have a partner too in the form of Pat.

If it rains and no-one else turns up, does that mean we win by default? Thought not...

PT

child care for me on Thursday unfortunately :-(

Have a good evening everyone.

I'll be packing for a trip to the Lakes on Thursday I'm afraid, so hoping to be out tonight instead.

Richard

Might be able to make it out but will have to decide later in the week.

Hi Tom, Bad news, I'm not going to be able to make it!
I'm working through the night on Wednesday night, got the inlaws arriving during the day on Thursday and then a 6:30 start at work on Friday.

I would rather be out on the bike than any/all of that but I suspect if I ride too I might need more than a redbull or 2.

sorry mate

(Bugger)

Thanks for the heads-up Pat.

Well, I shall still be doing it so I'm open to other partnership offers.

Pete T - are you still up for it?

Tom

Wobble Off

Tony, having supported the date change previously, I'm now in St Helens for the day on Thursday - so it seems unlikely that I'll be back in time to wobble, unless the helicopter that I've ordered off Amazon arrives in time.

Hope it goes swimmingly well, fun is had by all, and the prizewinner is worthy - i.e. not Pasty...

Dom

Pale Rider
I'm open to other partnership offers.

Well, you can earn points towards vouchers, or benefit from a 16.9% APR (variable, of course) - offers

hmmm. is anyone other than Pasty up for it? I may have to compete to make sure he doesn't win by default. The plan is still to finish at Horningsea

I'm riding tonight. I've got no partner.

Sorry - I'm on offspring duty

Hope it all goes well, with Pasty coming in 2nd at the highest!

Could arrange a Pasty kidnap if it helps, Dom - do you still have your junior Action Man grappling hooks and stealth guide?

:)

Hi Jon,

I'll be your partner if you're still free. I can't guarantee that we'll win, even if we are the only competitors - I've got a feeling that there's a conspiracy....

Tom

Hi Tony ,
Sorry can't make it tonight. I've been on horsebox electrics last few days and am almost there. It's got to be serviceable tomorrow.
Never felt so knackered......hope the WW goes well, and that there is a worthy and alcohol tolerant winner,