Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Skinny tyres Saturday

As discussed on Tuesday FENTON and I are planning a roadie ride on Saturday.

I am thinking of maybe a 40 mile ride starting quite early so back by 11-12.

I know Dr L, Mike T, bangers were up for it, anyone else?

I am thinking of maybe getting a train out to perhaps Audley end and then riding round there and back, as I get bored of riding out on the same roads and back over and over again!

Re: Skinny tyres Saturday

Yep, I'm keen. Happy to start from Audley End, too

Yep, I'm up for a ride. Early start would be ideal.

What time suits people to start? There are trains at 8.04, 8.11, 8.21 – any of these would let us get back by 12

Right so suggestion for sat - get the train to Audley end that leaves
shelford at 826 (obv leaves cam a bit earlier). Ride around there and
then back to cambridge - aim to ride 40 miles ish hopefully back
cambridge way 1130?

So that's the 8:21 from cambridge I think?

Jon Mynott will be training from Cambridge. I will catch it at Shelford. I think Pete and Paul are coming too, but I'm not sure which station they will go from.

The plan is to get the train that leaves Shelford at 8.26, where I intend to catch it, so the 8:21 from Cambridge presumably.