Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thetford Tues

Anyone up for Thetford Tues 18th? will be dry and fast.

Re: Thetford Tues

I think I am a Tuesday this week.

Yes I fancy Thetford.

Yes I'm up for a ride, 20:00 at BCP?

I'm up for Thetford tomorrow, if someone is able to give me a lift there please?

Mike

planing on riding as well.

Mike, where are you located I will have room in the car?

Thanks Paul.

I'll be at home in Milton. If you send me an email with the time I can reply with the address.

I've put my email address below (not on the contacts spreadsheet, must do something about that).

I'm feeling quite keen on this one, due to the excellent weather recently. I don't have transport at the moment, as the DVLA has been holding my license hostage for months now in the changeover from Aus... I live out in Comberton, but could travel to town if motivated to do so :) Would anybody be able to supply a lift? Please reply to my email address if you are able, otherwise I hope you have a great ride!

hi Jason.

I'm in Comberton and can give a lift, if you're interested.

I've mailed you my address

norman

What time do we meet at Bcp?

Hi Shelton, 8 pm at BCP.

See you later