Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Enough selling retro tat - who's out tonight - Thetford?

Right that's enough selling of obsolete tyres and wheels - who fancies a ride tonight?

I am up for Thetford if others are.

Re: Enough selling retro tat - who's out tonight - Thetford?

I'm up for Thetford, but as with last time, I don't have my own transport (from Comberton or as near as possible).
Anyone who's keen to go and can give me a lift, let me know :)

I'm not going to be able to leave work in time for Thetford, but keen for a local ride

I'm up for Thetford but can't help with Comberton pickup I'm afraid.

Richard

Well I am still up for Thetford, but will settle for a local ride.

I don't think I will have enough time to pick up from Comberton though as it's in the wrong direction!

Let me know what you think Richard. And no-one text/phone me as I have lost my phone!

No worries about the lifts. If I was sure we were on for tonight then I would probably have ridden the xc bike in to work to get closer to possible rides, but the timing is always tight and so it might not happen this time. In the next couple of weeks I should have my transport sorted out again, so maybe next month.

Won't be home in time for either Thetford or a local ride but with luck may make the pub later on.

Any likely destinations?

How rude, think I will pass and go out on my Retro P7

I don't want to stop a possible trip to Thetford, but in case I was solo tonight I've come up with a couple of possible routes. How about Comberton?

Mike, Comberton would obviously suit me quite nicely, so I'd happily come in and ride with you, even if others are going to Thetford!

Much as I'd like to ride Thetford, seems a waste to not be starting up there until dusk, when the weather's so nice right now. As there's only two of us Claire, shall we just ride local? Comberton sounds OK, particularly if Mike has a route in mind.

Richard

I could be out if it's a local ride

i'll be at the usual starting place, assuming i'll see a few of you there shortly

Work got in the way, not going to make it tonight after all.

Richard

I'm not out either too much fading and still at hzome

Faffing

was seven people - i called it a day after 16 miles, no top speed! Have a great Easter all

Not fair, working late with a chestycough.... b****rd Comberton, B**t*rd
At least the sun was nice toay!?!?!?!?!?