Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone out on Thursday?

It says Black Horse at Dry Drayton on the runs list. I last went there 4 1/2 years ago on my first Cammtb ride. Is it likely to be open? Will anyone be out? Do you want to go there?

Re: Anyone out on Thursday?

Yep, Alison and I will be out and doing a Dom. I've just rung the Black Horse and they are open tonight! Planning on leaving the pub to ride in at 6.30 or a touch after. See you later!

Dom

And Pete and Ali are planning on road riding out to the pub to see us there, too...

If I'm awake I will be out,

Yep. I'll be out.

won't make it out until my finger stops bleeding. It looks like it may take some time....
May ride to pub later

Dom, be glad you did not join us for the ride back to town. we were back in an impressive 30 mins, i suspect Pete and Ali were taking it easy on us.

Wow - pretty quick! Just as well you had your nearly-summer tyres on!

Tony - you can't just refer to a perpetually bleeding finger without giving us at least a bit of a clue as to what happened! I assume it involved a tricky bit of bike maintenance?

Dom

Dom,

the finger stopped bleeding properly some time on Friday. I spent Thursday evening in Addenbrookes having it re-assembled. Sliced a bit off on a sharp bit of my car.