Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New rider to the area!

Hi everyone, I've just moved to south cambs, Foxton, from Bury St Emdunds and I'm a keen AM/XC rider. Found some nice bridleways/loops around the area but riding alone is, well lonely! Searched Google and found the website!

Just thought I'd introduce myself and say Hello! I'm an experienced rider, ride at least 3 nights a week (10miles+) and once a month at various places, Cannock Chase is a favourite, with Swinley Forest a close second! Currently signed up for London to Brighton Off-road later in the year. I'm not super fit, but enjoy a good hack in a group of like minded people!

Look forward to meeting some of you on the 15/05/14, as work commitments don't allow me to attend until then!

Re: New rider to the area!

Hello! Sorry we always seem very lax on the forum at answering newbies posts but I can promise we are actually very friendly so see you in a couple of weeks!